[time-nuts] Spectracom 8170 -> SWCC clock

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:43:25 UTC 2012

Some of the spectracoms like my 8170 actually put out timecodes and had
other options that were clever. It really depends on your comfort with
technology. Nothing at all wrong with a 0000 detector using 74ls30s or any
other mix of logic hitting a monostable and then a power transistor.
Snitching its voltage from the 8170 supply.
Next level any of the very simple micros if you have a flare for a little
programming more so then an iron.
What you needs very reasonable.
Please share a pix of the WU clock.
Regards