[time-nuts] Determination of the placement of the first pps

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Tue Jan 24 01:50:50 UTC 2012

Is this, in any way, related to the fact the Earth has a Moon?

Ideally, the Earth rotates around the Sun and the Moon rotates around the
Earth.  However, is it better described as the 'center of mass' of the
Earth/Moon rotates around the Sun?  Not to mention all those other
confounding variables such as other planets and moons?

Also, getting back to the placement of the 'first pps', is there a way to
'sync' the 1 PPS output of an FE-5680A to an external signal, such as a GPS
receiver or TBolt?  I would think that might be possible given their
original purpose.

Thanks in advance.

Joe