[time-nuts] FE-.5680A trimming resolution

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 02:19:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Javier Herrero <jherrero at hvsistemas.es> wrote:
> El 29/01/2012 14:45, Bob Camp escribió:
>

> My next intention is to replace the OCXO in one of my Thunderbolts with a Rb
> and use a small microcontroller to get the voltage correction from the
> Thunderbolt through the serial port and convert to a 5680A offset. I
> probably will use a Luminary since I've some small evaluation boards around,
> and I only have to add a MAX3232-class interface IC for the serial ports.

My plan is simpler.  I'll compare the phase of the Rb and t-bolt and
send rs-232 commans to the Rb to keep the difference as small as
possible.  This will run on an Arduino.   I'm also thinking of porting
over much of the Lady Heather t-bolt monitoring stuff to the Arduino.

One thing you can do with a uP based controller is look at the
t-bolt's saw tooth error correction and remove a few nS of error.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California