[time-nuts] FE-.5680A trimming resolution

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:22:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Tbolt does not have any sawtooth error or corrections.  Its' GPS receiver LO is
> generated from the 10 MHz oscillator.   That's what makes it the best GPSDO out there.

Inside "Packet 0x8F-AC" (supplemental timing packet) there are two
data fields named "PPSOset and 10MHZOset.  Each is a 4-bit signed
integer with units of nanoseconds for PPSOset and in pars per billion
for 10MHZOset.   They are used to report an estimate of the PPS and
10MHz signals offset from UTC.   Typically the values reported are not
constant and in the single digit range.  (I'm reading from section
A.10.31 of the Thunderbolt manual.)

This is what I meant when I said "sawtooth".   Maybe the wrong term.
But I think theses numbers can be used in a controller.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California