[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB-ETH - Linux examples ?

Orin Eman orin.eman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:28:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM, cfo <xnews2 at luna.kyed.com> wrote:

> I just got my Prologix GPIB-ETH
>
> I am 90% Linux Ubuntu based , and would like to get 99% based.
> So i am looking for some C code examples, implementing the linux
> networking part.
>
> I have sen the Prologix example C/C+ , but it's WINSOCK.

There's hardly any difference between Linux sockets and WINSOCK as far as
that example code goes.

Remove the WSAStartup/WSACleanup calls, change sprintf_s to sprintf,
WSAGetLastError() to errno, SOCKET to int and you should be done.  That's
the easy part.

The hard part is handling timeouts as the Prologix doesn't give any
indication if a ++read timed out.

Orin.