[time-nuts] HP5334B with 10544 OCXO

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jan 31 06:01:04 UTC 2012

>I think the 10811 was the newer improved replacement for the 10544,
> with the same connections and external signals, and a little better
> performance. In that era of equipment you may see either one. They
> should be interchangeable, and the manuals and specs for both are
> readily available.
>
> Ed

Not quite same connections. Although the 10811 was designed
to be a plug-in replacement for the 10544 the converse is not true.

The 10544A requires additional connections (pins 8 and 9) for
oven controller power and it is not always a valid replacement
for a 10811, depending on the instrument in which it is installed.
The symptom is the 10544A never warms up.

The 10544B does not have this problem. See datasheets at:

http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/10544/

/tvb