[time-nuts] FE-.5680A trimming resolution

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jan 31 19:43:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:50:08 +0100
bg at lysator.liu.se wrote:

> > Let's say, i'm building a GPSDO with a high quality OCXO.
> > Wouldnt it then make sense to lock the reference clock of the GPS
> > receiver also to that OCXO?
> >
> > 			Attila Kinali
>
> Exactly that _is_ the appeal of the Tbolts.

Yes, but can this be replicated with a standard GPS module?
And does it have side effects?

> What frequency does the uBlox
> 6T TCXO have?

48MHz as stated in the Timing AppNote.

> Let us know your progress.

My current progress is that the uC i wanted to use does not
do what i want. Can anyone recommend a uC with 32bit timers
and IEEE 1588 support?

The alternative would be to use an FPGA, but i'm reluctant to
do that as it makes the whole system a lot more complex.

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?