[time-nuts] Is Timelab with a Prologix-Eth and a PM6680 - working ?

cfo xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk
Tue Jul 3 14:34:08 UTC 2012

I just got a PM6680/016 - Std. Osc + GPIB + 1.3Ghz -Chan.C
The best my budget could afford :-)

I would like to try out John's Timelab.
But only have a Prologix-Ethernet GPIB adapter , no USB version.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that Timelab would work on a
PM6680 , using a Prologix-Eth ?

I can see the Prologix-Eth mentioned in the TimePod usermanual , but only
in the Wavecrest DTS-2050/2070 series section.

I'm totally "green" in Timelab & PM6680 , so any hints for a testsetup
would be welcome.

I'll connect my Tbolt to the PM6680-Ext.Ref , so i don't need an
expensive internal osc.

I was suggested by a fellow T-Nut , that connecting the Tbolt via a
BNC-T , to both EXT-Ref & Chan-A , and then do ADEV with a 1 sec gatetime.
Would be a good start. So i'll prob. start with that.

Next i have a X72 & some FEI-5680A's , that i could connect to Chan-A

TIA
CFO - Timenut beginner