[time-nuts] Timing Health Monitoring

Chris Hoffman cq.kg6o at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:48:14 UTC 2012

Richard,

This paper is fascinating to me. I finally understand how the TMDE/Metrology lab to which I continually sent my measurement equipment for calibration was so important.

Looking back, I recall something that looked exactly like an FMS rack shown in the paper! It was accompanied by a make-shift cubicle with walls of HP and Marconi gear in various states... and a sweet, aged, bearded geek with trifocals...

It's telling, I think, that the first FMS was built on an Apple II.

-CH

Chris Hoffman
cq.kg6o at gmail.com
http://ar.ctur.us