[time-nuts] Zero-Crossing Detector Design?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 19 23:28:32 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 01:19 AM, lists at lazygranch.com wrote:
> That was worth the elaboration. 2*pi*f*A is the classic design criteria used to insure your amplifier has sufficient slew rate for the task, where I am using slew in the strict sense of the word. Generally we use dv/dt when referring to the signal and slew when referring to the amplifier.
>
> Hey, some people say alligator clips and some say crocodile clips. (Yeah, I know there is a difference.)

In a DMTD setup, the amplifiers will operate very closely to the signal
properties, so in that case the distinction becomes almost academic.

Notice how I say that bandwidth (rather than slew) and gain is being
controlled and calculated, which implies the slew-rate of the outgoing
signal.

Cheers,
Magnus