[time-nuts] Orbital time-delayed angular momentum

Grant Hodgson grant at ghengineering.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 14:12:31 UTC 2012

If the signal is delayed in time by the dish, then there will be no phase
coherency, and it is the phase coherent properties of a parababoid that make
it the most commonly used type of reflector for microwave signals.

A direct analogy between optical signals propogating in a fiber and RF signals
propogating in free space is not possible - the best analogy would be to
compare light in a fibre with RF in a circular waveguide - which somwehat
limits the applications of orbital angular momentum for RF/microwave systems.

regards
Grant