[time-nuts] What's the easiest way to divide by 10 for Thunderbolt reference output?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:39:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Chris Wilson <chris at chriswilson.tv> wrote:

>> A Tektronix DD501 will do divide by 10, or any number from 00002 to 99999.
>
>> -John
>
> Thanks, was hoping for something as a permanent, small and cheap
> fitting, standalone. Don't really want to tie up my 7233 running
> something to run something else IYSWIM? Was hoping China Town would
> have the answer for low $$'s :)

Get a solderless bread board place the 7400 TTL divider chip on that
and power it with a wall wort cube.  Mount it with sticky tape on the
back of the counter.    Should take all of about 30 minutes to
assemble.

The next step up is mount some BHC and coaxial power jacks manhattan
style n a some PCB stock then super-glue the 7400 chips leads-up (dead
bugs)  that might take an hour.

Either way no half finished project if you don't stop until you are done.
Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California