[time-nuts] HP 3586B Selective Level Meter

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Jul 26 23:37:01 UTC 2012

There are three connectors in that style, the WECO358, which is
the standard US Bell connector, The Trompeter video connector,
and the mini WECO, aka the WECO438/440A.  The trompeter video
and the normal WECO look like they should be compatible, but
they aren't.  The Trompeter connector has a narrow center pin
that will not couple with the WECO, and the WECO has a wider
pin that will break the Trompeter.  The mini WECO is very small,
and won't interoperate with anything.

The normal 3586B has the WECO439/440A connector in the 75 ohm
position.  The OPT1 3586B has the WECO358 connector... which is
actually the normal connector for the US telephone system.

-Chuck Harris