[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (newbie).

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Sat Jun 2 21:57:51 UTC 2012

  I am looking to get a frequency standard for my amateur radio shack,
  initially for verifying test gear readings, but later as a standard
  to lock receiver and transmitter oscillators to. I was going to buy
  a GPS frequency standard but a friend warned me these may have noise
  issues when I come to use it with an oscillator in RX / TX
  applications. It's not something I had considered, so what's the
  score here please? Should I not buy a GPS standard? Thanks. Any
  links to known safe suitable purchase sources from personal
  experience welcome, either here or by PM or e-mail. I am in the UK.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Wilson                          mailto:chris at chriswilson.tv