[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (new...

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sun Jun 3 09:19:03 UTC 2012

Hello,

El 03/06/2012 10:46, SAIDJACK at aol.com escribió:

> The FEI-5680A Rubidium that we discussed here some time ago has a much
> worse phase noise plot of course, because the 10MHz is generated digitally
> through a DDS, not a 10MHz crystal oscillator..

There is a version that generates 10MHz directly through DDS, but the
particular version we recently discussed a lot about generates the 10MHz
signal from a 60MHz oscillator, and the DDS is used for generating the
~5.3125MHz signal for mixing with the 114th harmonic of the 60MHz to
obtain the Rb resonance frequency.

I don't remember if someone did a comparison in PN performance between
the two FE-5680A flavours.

Regards,

Javier