[time-nuts] Antenna question about RHCP/LHCP I'm sure a time-nut can answer

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Jun 5 01:25:27 UTC 2012

Not quite.

"The definition of right-hand circular polarization, as standardized by
the IRE... is as follows:  For an observer looking in the direction of
propagation, the rotation of the electric-field vector in a transverse
plane is clockwise." - Jasik, "Antenna Engineering Handbook", First
Edition,  p17-3

A right-hand circularly polarized antenna both transmits and receives
RHCP.  What is confusing people is a reflection of a RHCP wave is a
LHCP wave.

-Chuck Harris