[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (newbie).

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Wed Jun 6 22:53:24 UTC 2012

06/06/2012 23:47

Just to thank everyone for the warm welcome and splendid advice, I
couldn't have asked for anything more. A great bunch of boffins (in
the nicest possible way.... ;)) I have just ordered from a well known
auction site's China Town a Thunderbolt kit and will be looking
forward to installing it in my shack when it arrives. It should be a
great starter and give me confidence the readings from various items
of test gear. If you can't trust the test gear, you are a bit stuffed!

As an aside, and very off topic, I am wanting a decent used spectrum
analyzer. If I lived in the USA they appear to be oozing from the
woodwork, over here in the UK they are harder to find in demonstrably
working order for a decent price. My top budget is £950. I can collect
and I can make snappy decisions. Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.