[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPS rollover

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Thu Jun 7 20:08:08 UTC 2012

Maybe you can avoid COCOM limits:  Vaisala radiosondes (the most used
type here in Europe, see www.vaisala.com) include  "half" GPS receiver
on it and the other "half" is in the ground tracking program.  The
balloons go up to about 30 Km and while the speed is very low this
height is above the limit.  Maybe you can get a recovered sonde and use
it either directly or modulating its telemetry on your radio.  The
receiving program SondeMonitor is licensed to amateurs by a small fee
and can be downloaded  free for evaluation.

Ignacio, EB4APL