[time-nuts] Procom GPS4 quadrifilar antenna...

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 8 20:26:18 UTC 2012

On 6/8/12 9:21 AM, steve heidmann wrote:
> Is it worth driving from Thousand Oaks to Altadena for  Snowcones  (qty 5) tomorrow ?
>
> --- On Fri, 6/8/12, Jim Lux<jimlux at earthlink.net>  wrote:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/events/open-house.cfm

Well.. they've got all the stuff setup for JPL open house.. Is it worth
an hour's drive?

The weather is nice.  There's lots of MSL related stuff out. If you have
little kids, there's the usual "drive a rover over a row of children"
thing.

I don't know if the totally cool Athlete rovers will be out.  Hopefully
yes.  The Mars Yard is always fun, and they'll have something out
crawling around.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/video/index.cfm?id=922

Will there be tours of the frequency and timing lab? (which would be of
particular interest to time-nuts).. nope..  But, if you're in the area
some other time, send me a note, and I'll see what I can do.  Down in my
lab, we don't have anything nearly as good as what they've got up there.
  (but they send me their maser derived reference on a fiber optic pipe...)