[time-nuts] Quadrifilar Helix Antenna

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat Jun 9 14:11:25 UTC 2012

On 8 June 2012 09:31, Raj <vu2zap at gmail.com> wrote:

> I came across this article. I dont understand Italian!
>  From RadioKit Elettronica 2003-03
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10377704/IV3QBN%20QuadHelix.pdf
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Raj, VU2ZAP
> Bangalore, India.

I'd be interesting in trying to see some simulations of this in a full
wave 3D electromagnetic simulator like HFSS from Ansys, FEKO, EMpro
from Agilent etc. I currently have a trial license for Agilent's
EMpro, but don't feel confident in trying this antenna. I would have
been a bit happier using HFSS, but don't have a license for it.

Maybe one of the much cheaper NEC based programs coud do this, though
I'm not so sure I'd trust the results, whereas I would from HFSS.

HFSS (which costs a small fortune), comes with a free antenna design
kit. That is able to design a Quadrifilar Helix Antenna, but needs a
ground plane, so has a very different radiation pattern to this.

Dave