[time-nuts] Thunderbolt cabling questions

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jun 10 21:50:07 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

Even if this is the datasheet of a later version, it gives an overall
picture of what you ask about.

   http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-383329/022542-010B_Thunderbolt-E_DS_0807.pdf

The Tbolt perform (even) better with stable temperature surroundings. 3m
of antenna cable is no problem. Antenna position is more important than
the exact type of antenna. I'd rather have a decent antenna at a very good
site, than a very good antenna at a slightly worse antenna site.

My Tbolt with internal 24VDC PSU draws 200mA at 24V -> ca 5W. This is in
steady state at about 22C.

--

   Björn