[time-nuts] GPS NTP update on Mac OS-X 10.7.4

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:04:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM, mike cook <michael.cook at sfr.fr> wrote:

> Le 12 juin 2012 à 16:37, Ross T61AA a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I recently connected up a USB GPS to my Linux box and found it quite easy to get NTP to up from the GPS. I was hoping to get the same GPS to update the Mac running Lion 10.7.4, however, it has been a very frustrating uphill battle.
>>
>> Has anybody managed to get GPS NTP update working on OS-X?

I'd expect it not to run as well on a Mac simply because these are no
serial ports on any current Mac.

But getting it running should be easy because the Mac ships with NTP
already set up and running.  All you should have to do edit the config
file.

If you already have a Linux system running at a server with a direct
connect GPS there is little need to put a GPS on the Mac because
without a good PPS signal on a serial oct you may as well use a
networked GPS server for time

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California