[time-nuts] Thunderbolt cabling questions

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Jun 13 17:53:04 UTC 2012

Hi Greg,

As I recall hearing it, the "cone of protection" is really just an
area where the probability of a strike is much reduced.  The "cone
of protection" extends half as far as the lightning rod is high.
If your rod was 800 feet high, the protection cone would extend
400 feet from the base of the rod in all directions.  200 yards
is 600 feet, so I would consider that well outside of the cone.

-Chuck Harris