Adam abkhi at gmx.com
Fri Jun 22 15:03:57 UTC 2012

I'm learning a bunch here about filters and pcb techniques. Got one
question that I'm hoping somebody could help me out with:
> Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:39:01 +0000
> From: John Lofgren <jlofgren at lsr.com>
>
> One thing we have found that helps, though, is voiding the ground underneath the inductor.
I did some searching on Google, and found the term "voiding the ground"
with regard to pcb's, but I couldn't find anywhere that actually said
what that meant. Is it getting rid of the copper under the component?
Does that apply to both sides of a double sided pcb? Anybody willing to
help a newbie?

Inquiring minds . . . .

thanks,

--adam, wh6m