[time-nuts] Trimble SMT board

Michael Tharp gxti at partiallystapled.com
Mon Jun 25 14:26:04 UTC 2012

On 06/25/2012 09:37 AM, Erno Peres wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> thanks a lot for the info,.... I have also the 1PPS output, but had the impression that it will also output TSIP or any other kind of MSG upon power-up... and you can configure the board as required of the need.....it outputs  according to the TrimbleStudio SW is TEP format but any interruption of the  power / +3.3 V / then no any msg comes out..!!!!
> I want to use for the Brook Shera board....so  the 1PPS is OK.
> I did not chked out with the Motorola software or TAC32 but will do.
>
> Rgds Ernie.
> PS.  for what board / gpsdo / do you use  the SMT gps..????

You can reconfigure when the receiver transmits packets, and what
protocol it uses, in GPS Studio. I don't have it in front of me right
now, but from memory: from the main receiver window (the one with the
COM port drop-down), there should be a "Receiver" menu with a
"Configure" entry. From there on the "Port" tab you can change the
protocol set used. After checking the boxes you want (probably NMEA or
TSIP at 9600 8-none-1) click 'Set', then if it still works 'Save
Configuration' to make it permanent. Reconfiguring the ports is a little
fidgety so you might need to power-cycle the board and try again a few
times before it sticks. In your case since it's not transmitting at all
there might be another setting you need to change to get it to broadcast
on its own. Mine came preconfigured in "TEP" mode but it did broadcast
every second, I've reconfigured it for TSIP.

-- m. tharp