[time-nuts] Advice on good reception for radio clocks

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jun 27 14:04:04 UTC 2012

Are there any basic steps I should take to improve the reception quality
of a radio clock? I have a cheap and cheerful DCF77 receiver for
connecting to some GPIO pins, but its PPS output is basically noise with
maybe a one-second period. Perhaps it's just cheap and nasty.

I am in Cambridge.

Tony (armchair time nut).
Wight, Portland, Plymouth: Variable becoming east 4 or 5, veering southwest 5
or 6 later. Slight or moderate. Occasional rain and fog patches, thundery
showers later. Moderate, occasionally very poor.