[time-nuts] NTPns syslog configuration

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Wed Jun 27 23:20:27 UTC 2012

Le 28/06/2012 00:28, Stijn Nestra a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have build a NTP server using the Soekris and M12 concept and I am
> using a freebsd image that Jason has made.
> The problem is that I am a total fbsd noob and that I want the
> oncore_msg logged on a syslog server. I have tried several things and
> I get the messages only on my console.
I have not done this and us a stock ntp for my servers , but if I
understand your question, the oncore_msg that you are refering to are
those sent by the receiver. However they will be in motorola binary
format!!! Not much use in a syslog and some hex values will correspond
to control characters which could break something. However you can
capture them using the SHMEM facility of the oncore driver (if it is
still available) and with a small  program read that data/format it and
push it to the console. See the doc for setting up and using the the
SMEM interface.
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/oncore-shmem.html>

  You could try the ntp group at <
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.time.ntp> where the gurus