[time-nuts] FWD: More LightSpeed/Dish stuff from usenet:comp.dcom.telecom

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 6 09:10:43 UTC 2012

------- Forwarded Messages

Subject: DoD accused of subverting LightSquared plan in 2010 [telecom]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:38:39 -0500

On LightSquared, Defense Department official urged synch up with GPS lobby

By ELIZA KRIGMAN | 3/2/12 9:33 AM EST

A Department of Defense official urged his colleagues in 2010 to
"synch up" with the GPS industry in order to defeat LightSquared's
plans to build the nation's first wholesale broadband network,
according to an email obtained by POLITICO.

The email came as the Global Positioning System Industry Council was
preparing to brief NTIA -- the White House technical advisers -- on
LightSquared's proposal.

"We need to synch up with them prior to them briefing NTIA to make
sure we are in lock step," the DoD official wrote to colleagues in the
Dec. 29, 2010, email.  He added: "Especially since they are our
allies."

Read more:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73543.html#ixzz1oHwh3BWN
- -or-