[time-nuts] Possible replacement for FE5680A

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Mar 10 21:02:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:29:39 +0800
Roger Costello <roger at costello.com.au> wrote:

> I noticed this which could potentially be a very good thing.
>
> https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/science/nuclear-clock-may-keep-time-universe

The paper they refere to can be found at [1] (and other related stuff
can be found on their homepage [2]). Unfortunately, my limited knowledge
is not enoug to understand what the paper is really about. The only
things i could gather is, that they are using a nucleus angular momentum
difference, that seems to be indepedent of everything and probe it trough
the interatcion with the electronic cloud... But where this differnece
comes from and why it is independent of outside fields is beyond me..

Can someone with more physics knowlege give a small summary of what
they did and what makes it so special?

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://kuzmichlab.gatech.edu/publications/229ThClock_arXiv.pdf
[2] http://kuzmichlab.gatech.edu/publications.php
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?