[time-nuts] WWVB phase modulation format?

Peter Monta pmonta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 03:57:16 UTC 2012

> I believe what they were doing is applying a simple 180 deg phase shift to the carrier (BPSK) during certain one second timecode intervals.

I suppose this will help coherent receivers somewhat, but I was
expecting something DCF77-like.  A pity.

Thanks for posting your data.  You certainly have good WWVB reception.

Attached is a plot of the real part of the demodulated signal after
carrier estimation.  They change the phase 100 ms after the second
marker, halfway between the second marker and a potential change in
amplitude back to full power.  So the phase transition always occurs
in the middle of a low-power interval.

Cheers,
Peter