[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project? (fwd)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 16 10:08:47 UTC 2012

phk at phk.freebsd.dk said:
>> Hmm... do you mean you want to store all samples of an hour and then
>> avarage over it?

> That would be the ideal way to do it, since it would make one heck of a comb
> filter and eliminate pretty much anything else.

That only works if your reference clock is stable enough over the collecting
period.

I'm far from a DSP wizard.  Assume I have a signal at 100 kHz with a
bandwidth of 1 kHz.  (or pick any numbers you like)  How many samples per
second do I need?  How stable does my sampling clock need to be if I collect
data for for N seconds?

Is "stable" the right term?  What's the right way to think about the question
I'm trying to ask?