[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project? (fwd)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Mar 18 17:24:40 UTC 2012

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:25:54 +0000
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> In message <4F65D971.8070007 at arcor.de>, ehydra writes:
>
> >http://home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Complementary%20Push-Pull%20Amplifiers.pdf
> > > In my implementation, it covered DC to 200MHz until I low-pass'ed it.
> >
> >His designs are always a good source but this one is AC-coupled ;-)
>
> Not in my implementation, I have eliminated the input capacitor because
> the active element is 3cm from the PCB,

Could you explain how the distance of the antenna to the PCB is related
to a DC block capacitor? And how do you block current flowing from the
input stage of your amplifier into the antenna?

> and I drive the output with a centertapped transformer.

Do you really mean a transformer? Or just a center tapped inductor?
And how does that fit into the biasing? Or does your circuit contain
more elements at the output than a transfomer/inductor and the biasing
resistor?

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?