[time-nuts] Opera coordinator has resigned

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 31 08:18:22 UTC 2012

On 03/31/2012 05:52 AM, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> .
> On Mar 30, 2012 10:45 PM, "paul swed"<paulswedb at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I have to say that in general I have been staying clear of this thread.
>> But its really a surprise that they are that sloppy and basing the results
>> on a Vectron OCXO. Not that I have ever had a complaint about those.
>> It just seems like the stunt I would do in the basement on my surplus
>> accelerator.
>
> Their accelerator _was_ in their basement ;)

Still is as I gather.

Seems like facilities like that should regularly have a connector
tightening party.

What I reacted on was the slope of the signal. Steeper slopes would not
had allowed for such a large effect. Also, the receiving end should have
a signal level detector and possibly some additional quality of the
signal being monitored to ensure that it is correct. Continuous or
flickering detection would then give a hint that there is a problem, and
is in fact what we use to indicate that we need to send out a tech on
the field to polish fibre and tighten connectors.

Cheers,
Magnus