[time-nuts] LORAN-C

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Tue May 1 13:37:21 UTC 2012

Hello The Net:

LORAN signals are still being received at a 89700 microsecond GRI.
I concur with others that there is only one station transmitting the
master(M) and the slave(X) signals.
My SRS FS-700 Rx shows equal received signal strength for both signals.
Reports indicate the transmitter is at the old Coast Guard LORAN
engineering site at Wildwood NJ.

Since I turned the equipment on last Sunday night, I have had continuous
lock on the
FS-700, Austron 2100, and a 2100F.

Compared to the GPS/DO 10 MHz from the T'Bolt, I am getting accuracies
to the mid -13s,
as indicated on the FS-700 phase meter.

Next step is to lock up the signal on an oscope, triggered by an
accurate 11.148272 KHz signal
( reciprocal of 89700microsec).
That way I should be able to see the pulses and the E-LORAN experimentation.

My set up at home uses a 40' high delta loop antenna, 2 orthogonal loops
terminated on the top with a
600 ohm resistor, a ARR preamplifier with battery at the antenna , a RG6
coax run to the shack,
Astron 2084 multicoupler, then the receivers.

Stan, W1LE      Cape Cod     FN41sr

ZZZZz