[time-nuts] thunderbolt "no UTC offset"

francesco messineo francesco.messineo at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:24:15 UTC 2012

On 5/2/12, Dennis Ferguson <dennis.c.ferguson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 May, 2012, at 04:30 , Tom Van Baak wrote:
>
>> The UTC offset is in words 6-10, page 18, subframe 4 -- every 12.5
>> minutes.
>> /tvb
>
> The leap second warning is also in the same place.  How the unit could
> know that a leap second is pending but not know the UTC offset is a
> mystery.

that's why I asked in the first place... all was "green" but the leap
second pending which I'd expected to be there anyway. The UTC offset
came much time later anyway. I don't know if the tbolt could be
"confused" or had some firmware issue after being unpowered for some
months.

By the way, attached is a plot of signal levels with the new antenna,
I'm interested in opinions about what can be changed in the settings
to maybe improve performance.
Thanks

Frank IZ8DWF