[time-nuts] Oh dear

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 15:32:28 UTC 2012

As an Audiophile and T-Nut I am often torn by what could affect sound quality, but I have realized that there are many things that affect sound that as engineers we have not learned to define. As a scientist I look forward to the day we can accurately rate how equipment will sound in mathematical terms. I fact in the next month I will be working on a project that covers both my Time Nut and Audio passions with one of the music industries leading engineers Gus Skinas who has lead the development of the SACD. Jitter is a concern in digital audio and we are going to use a Cesium standard and low phase noise clean-up oscillator during recording and playback to determine the degree that timing affects sound quality. I am still not ready to spent thousands on power cords.

Thomas Knox