[time-nuts] Faster than light of a different type

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu May 10 05:04:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 18:11:22 -0700
Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm not so sure about that, in general.  (the access to the public, not
> the tax funding)..  A lot of universities have put badge readers on a
> lot of areas that one might think are totally public access.  Now, they
> might be wide open during the middle of the day, but at some point, you
> have to badge in to get access (so that my daughter studying at 3AM
> doesn't meet up with weirdness, probably).

Ok.. The universtities i know here in Europe are pretty much open.
During the day there are usually no entrance controls, only for special
areas like the chemistry labs with the dangerous stuff (but not the
chemistry building itself).

Of course, they lock the doors in the evening and you need a badge
or a key to get in afterwards. But it's obvious why you don't want
to have random people being able to walk in during the night...

Anyways.. it's getting OT again...

I just wanted to say that it's possible to get access to a lot of
scientific publications using the university library. Which, at least
here in Europe, have usually also subscriptions for people who are
not enroled (in Switerland, they are for free, but you have to get
a card/badge).

				Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?