[time-nuts] question about Thunderbolt geo acuracy

Michael Perrett mkperrett at gmail.com
Thu May 10 14:47:38 UTC 2012

Not for survey type accuracy (sub-meter, short measurement time).

The average (over a 48 hour period) was pretty good (about 1.5 meters,
RMS), but the reading over any 1 minute period can be off as much as 3-5
meters, satellite geometry dependent.

I Have two units with good antennas, mounted roughly 40 meters apart, and
after locating one of the antennas I use the second TBolt in a differential
mode and get the 1-2 meter accuracy all the time.

Michael / K7HIL