[time-nuts] Clocks for Audio gear

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:44:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Heinzmann, Stefan  (ALC NetworX
GmbH) <Stefan.Heinzmann at alcnetworx.de> wrote:

> Benjamin and Gannon, the first reference in Ashihara's paper, come to lower figures for sinusoidal jitter with carefully selected frequencies relative to the main signal, which is also sinusoidal. Their results reach down to the single figure nanosecond range, and that can be regarded as the real limit of audibility.

Are there any real audio systems with "sinusoidal jitter".   I'd goes
that it would all be random.      I can see where I could build a
system with that defect if I wanted to but are there any systems on
the market like this?

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California