[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution SMT - good/bad/indifferent?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri May 11 09:38:52 UTC 2012

> Why in the hell would anybody build a 50 channel receiver?  At most you
> MIGHT see 12 usable GPS sats...  I don't think that I've seen over 10.  WAAS
> should be fairly useless for a timing receiver.

I can think of a couple of reasons.  I'm sure there are more.

One would be marketing type bragging rights.  I can scan more channels than
you.

Another area would be cold-start time.  If you have to search N slots, more
searchers runing in parallel is likely to speed things up.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.