[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution SMT - good/bad/indifferent?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 11:12:59 UTC 2012

It does not seem to.   I hacked up a version of Lady Heather that works with it and have seen no problems with signal dropouts.    It has GPS FW 2.7 from Aug 2008.  I am seeing a few corrupted TSIP packets  or protocol glitches per hour.

I don't know what firmware version is in the units fluke.l is selling but after reading a technical bulletin regarding the Resolution T, I wonder if the SMT version is susceptible to the same "signal tracking outage every 12.5 minutes" bug that the Resolution T firmware previous to 1.17 (21/01/2010) suffered as they both use the same receiver architecture.