[time-nuts] Clocks for Audio gear

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Fri May 11 18:17:22 UTC 2012

Two things

1) - people in anechoic chambers will really notice the sound of their
heartbeats as well as the shhhh-sh-shhhh-sh sound of the blood flowing
through their heads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anechoic_chamber

They are designed to have complete sound absorption and are dead quiet.
Very spooky to be in -- used to live in Boston and Harvard University had
one that I was able to visit for an hour.

2) - an interesting experiment in brain filtering is to stand near a
broadband noise source (fan or air conditioner or radio with someone
talking) and talk with someone. Have a recorder going and record your
conversation. You can understand the other person perfectly while face to
face but listening to the recorded conversation, it will be hard to hear
them over all that noise.

Dave