[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution SMT - good/bad/indifferent?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri May 11 19:05:16 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

here is some data from the Trimble Resolution-SMT connected to the SAASM
1PPS input of our CSAC GPSDO. It ran overnight, and I am showing the data
after  the unit settled down and went into position hold mode.

Plotter shows standard deviation of about 7.1ns on the raw data (yellow
trace) and peaks of about +/-18ns. The blue trace is the result of a short
low-pass filter on the data with about 100s time constant or so.

The MADEV shows 1E-08 at 1 second, with a pretty much straight line down to
 almost 1E-013 at 10K seconds.

The data-set is in nanoseconds, and it was not normalized, so the numbers
shown in plotter are also in nanoseconds, and must be interpreted as such.

The CSAC GPSDO shows no holdover during this testing, so the GPS did not
miss more than 60 seconds worth of 1PPS pulses at any time.

This data is without sawtooth correction applied, so assuming that sawtooth
 correction will improve the numbers, this is not too bad.

bye,
Said