[time-nuts] TU-60 Instruction to set NMEA output

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Fri May 11 21:22:57 UTC 2012

Hi Merv,

> Hi,
>
> I am new to timenuts.
>
> Is anyone able to give me the binary command sentence/code to send to my
> Jupiter TU-60 to change it's output from Binary to NMEA please?
>
> I assume it has to be a binary command starting with @@ but I am unable to
> find a suitable command using Tac32 control software.
>
> Merv  VK6BMT

I used to have an older Jupiter receiver. Does your receiver have the same
2x10 pin interface as shown in table 4 of the linked datasheet?

   http://gpskit.nl/documents/rockwell/jupiter-gps-board.pdf

On that receiver, you could chose power up mode (NMEA or Jupiter binary)
with a hardware jumper. Se below schematic (SW2) how the adapter board I
used implemented the NMEA/binary choise.

   http://gpskit.nl/images/thekit-schematics-large.gif

--

   Björn