[time-nuts] Serial port server .. any interest in a write up on using ?

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:50:12 UTC 2012

B&B sent me an email today advertising optically isolated USB to
serial but the price awfully high for personal use:

http://www.bb-elec.com/product_multi_family.asp?MultiFamilyId=133&Trail=45&TrailType=Main

I have yet to be happy with any USB to serial conversion in legacy
applications.  They always end up less than transparent so instead I
end up building a legacy PC from old and new parts.