[time-nuts] Something with GPS??

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon May 28 00:41:57 UTC 2012

Last evening my Thunderbolt was losing satellites until
none were reported usable.  At the same time the
K5FX Thunderbolt  was down to one or no usable birds.

This afternoon I dug out my other thunderbolt, the first
one I got.  That one had a defective OCXO which I replaced
with a 49422.  That couldn't get any usable birds either.

Now things are back to normal.  K5FX is happy and so
are both of my Thunderbolts.

So -- What happened?  Anyone else notice something
out of the ordinary?  Someone practicing GPS jamming?

BTW Is there a spot on the Thunderbolt where I can
sample the RF or IF to feed a spectrum analyzer?  The signal
coming down the coax is too weak to see on my
analyzers.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com