[time-nuts] New to list

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:08:43 UTC 2012

Mike
Welcome to the list. There have been numbers of tests since March.
Ultimately a more detailed specification was released thats been helpful in
understanding the new modulation.
In various threads I have mentioned what I have been doing. At the moment
modifying a spectracom 8163 seems to be a way to allow other rcvrs to work.
Not at all optimum or even close. But at least seems to have worked.
I am semi familiar with the chips and they are a complete rcvr. But really
do not allow direct access to the signals easily. Either you grab it past
the 60Khz crystal or at the output of the diode detector by removing the
LPF cap. Then you have to amplify detect and feed that back for AGC.
Something that can be done. I have not had time.
So a question for you is what are you attempting to do?
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL