[time-nuts] Measuring gpsdo vs itself

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 5 16:12:09 UTC 2012

Yes when I was measuring the noise floors of my 5370B's, the noise floor appeared to be noticeably better when the same oscillator was used as both the time base for the 5370B and the signal source for the test.   Sorry I'm on the road right now (in Mexico City) and can't post a plot showing this.  (For the original poster the list archives also contain some good information about the importance of matching signal levels to the counters in question and other related information which may also affect the results of these tests.)

Best Regards
Mark Spencer