[time-nuts] FE-5680A firmware dump

Elio C eliocor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:33:01 UTC 2012

Just to be clear, I thanks all of you for the warm suggestions on writing
an 8051 disassembler by myself, but it is not exactly what I was asking
for...
I asked for some _suggestions_ on a reasonable good disassembler.

Even if I have the expertise to write my own disassembler, I just do not
want to waste my little and precious spare time doing this.
It may be strange to some of you, but in my day time I have a work to be
done and when I return home I have lots of more important things to do than
writing a disassembler.
It took me several months to finally get some "free" time to dump the
firmware of the FE-5680A: I prefer to rely on the (free and generous)
support of my friend and get some more immediate results.

BTW, the complexity of a product like IDA will be very difficult to be
reached by a single programmer like me.
Surely they spent several man-years in developing this fine product: if
someone of you want to write something similar for me (free, of course!) is
welcome!

.     sorry for my rantings and moaning
_         Elio.