[time-nuts] Time and frequency article

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:11:48 UTC 2012

Simon
I have one solution cooking for wwvb and testing right now will release
details maybe today. Its not perfect but seems to be doing a good job and
is low in cost. Fix 1 rcvr and then you can use its output to drive all
others.  You may have seen some of my updates on Time-nuts.
That said I am actually building a costas loop using ad 633s multipliers.
One of my first LPFs in the 0 phase detector has low gain and I need to
figure out whats wrong. It should be simple and I actually believe it may
be a funky cap. It happens.
When the 0 and 90 degree detectors are correct I will add in the combining
AD633 and log time LPF. If the results of that effort is a reliable phase
flip detection I caould get quite excited by that. A by product would be
the digital modulation but thats for later experiments.
Right now I would just like my old phase  tracking rcvrs functional again.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL